So, if you know me at all, you know that Summer is my least favorite season. Living in Texas might factor into my hatred of heat. That said, the Hallmark Summer series also happens to be my least favorite catalog of movies every year. In order from favorite to least, I like Christmas (duh!), Fall, Winter, Spring, Valentines, & finally summer.
However, doing the Lord’s work I did watch most of the Summer movies. Let’s do a little dissection shall we?
Starting with the Countdown to Summer movies:
- Love in the Sand: Didn’t watch & had no interest.
- From Friend to Fiance: I thought this one was pretty cute. This was my first introduction to Jocelyn Hudon (she’s so cute!), & I usually always like Ryan Paevey movies.
- Sailing into Love: I liked this one more than I thought I would. I’m not typically a Chris McNally fan, but I really like Leah Renee.
- A Feeling of Home: I had zero interest in this movie & didn’t watch.
My favorite from Countdown to Summer was…Paris, Wine, & Romance!
I always love a Jen Lilley movie, & this was not a let down. Cute guy – check. Pinot Noir – check. Paris – check. Jen Lilley – check. Doesn’t take much to make me watch a Hallmark movie, but this checked all the
Moving on to June Weddings:
- Sister of the Bride: I love Becca Tobin, but I thought this movie was just ehhh. Getting married in Palm Springs over July 4th sounds like a nightmare.
- The Last Bridesmaid: I loved this one! It had my girl Rachel Boston in it, ya’ll know she is my favorite! I also really like Paul Campbell, but always forget about him.
- Love, Take Two: It was okay…I was kinda bored throughout.
- Wedding at Graceland: Probably the cheesiest of them all.
- My Boyfriend’s Back: Wedding: I really like Cindy Busby, but I am not a fan of the Jack Wagner/Josie Bisset movies. Not really sure why, but I find them so annoying. I was bored during this one.
Next up, we had the Summer Nights series:
Out of these 5 movies, I loved 3 of them, liked 1 okay, & totally did not like 1 at all.
- My One & Only: The was very Bachelor adjacent & I loved it! Sam Page & Pascale Hutton can do no wrong together.
- All Summer Long: I hated this movie. I’d rather have watched an episode of Below Deck on Bravo.
- A Summer Romance: I loved this one! Another Ryan Paevey movie, so it had good chances. Erin Krakow can sometimes annoy me, I can’t put my finger on what it is about her, but luckily I loved this movie!
- Love & Sunshine: This was unexpectedly my favorite! I can go either way on Danica McKellar, but this movie unexpectedly made my heart smile so much.
- Taste of Summer: These two leads are married in real life I believe. I liked this one, but I also did other things while it was on, so take that for what you will.
I believe Forever in my Heart will close out the Summer movies next week, & then we get into Fall!
I quite enjoy Merritt Patterson, but I haven’t seen any previews for this yet. Looks like we’ll get a prince falling for the beautiful commoner.
What Summer movies did you like? Did I miss any good ones?
With the Fall movies, I’ll recap them each week instead of doing a long list like this. Maybe I’ll do a list at the end of the season too…thoughts?