Hi friends! This week is business as usual for me, as I work from home. However, I know many of you will start to go stir crazy (if you haven’t already) as you responsibly socially distance yourself from the world.
But, have no fear! I have compiled a list of stuff for your quarantainment on your Coronacation. See what I did there?
So, to me the most obvious thing to do is to read. I’ve already finished two books since last Friday. I just started Our Stop by Laura Jane Williams, recommended by Becca & Grace from the Bad on Paper podcast. I have 24 books in my queue on my Nook.
- Make your bed & get dressed everyday. This will help you keep your sanity.
- Form a new habit – the proverbial they says it takes 21 days to make a habit.
- It’s finally time to join that fitness app you were thinking about. I’m thinking of Obe Fitness. Have any of tried this?
- Do a puzzle. You have so many types to choose from: jigsaw, word search, crossword, Hidden Pictures, etc. Funny story, but a few weeks ago I got rid of some jigsaw puzzles. Fast forward, I ordered 4 new ones last Saturday. Oy vey.
- Make a playlist. You can listen to mine, Quarantunes, here.
- You could finally binge watch all the shows in your Netflix/Hulu/Amazon Prime queue. Mama J & my friend Maureen both just started Schitt’s Creek at my urging. They are loving it.
- Clean out your closet & donate stuff you don’t wear anymore.
- Now is a fantastic time to unsubscribe from all your junk emails. I recently did this & it was so freeing! I deleted all my junk mail, & then as the emails came in each day I unsubscribed. I’ve gone from 1600 emails every week to about 20, & the ones left are bots.
- Lots of musicians are doing concerts online. John Legend has one coming up soon.
- @whatkatefinds on IG is doing a live talk show everyday on IGTV with other influencers. She has great people lined up so far! They start today at 3pm CST; she’ll be talking to the founder of Olive & June.
- There are many museums doing live tours online…for free. I think I’ll explore the Lueve in case I never make it to Paris.
- Now is a great time to learn how to give yourself an at home manicure.
- You could face mask a la Kathleen Jennings.
- Make a new recipe. Tonight I’ll be making the King Ranch Casserole from The Defined Dish.
- Learn to make a new cocktail or take an online wine course.
- Learn a new language – that could be so fun!
- Spring cleaning Danny Tanner style.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Try a DIY project you’ve had your eye on. @prettyonfridays is a great account to follow on IG.
- Rewatch your favorite TV series – Gilmore Girls, FRIENDS, Murphy Brown, My Two Dads, MASH…the sky is the limit!
Do y’all have anything you are doing to keep sane during these trying times? I don’t have kiddos, so no school schedule to worry about; although I wonder if that makes somewhat easier schedule wise?
I hope you all hang in there. Let me know if you do something fun!