Hey y’all! Hope you have survived another week of Social Distancing. I’ve been trying recall if I’m on week 2 or week 3 of quarantine. I think the first week was unofficial…
Anyway, I have five fun things, saving my sanity, to share with you for the week!
Y’all, my playlist for the quarantine is so good! If you are wanting 4+ hours of music to fill the silence, take a listen here. I have a good mix of upbeat, mellow, new-ish, oldies.
Two: Fresh Flowers
So, the least practical thing I bought for my quarantine was fresh flowers.Even I am shaking my head at this. I’m an Enneagram 1 (wing 9), but in times of stress E1’s go to Enneagram 4. There is a lot of staring out the window, which normally would be very unlike me.
I do take a very quick daily sanity walk to my mailbox everyday, but if you follow me on IG then you know I have two really ugly ducks that have taken up residence in my front yard. I’m terrified of birds (long story), and I feel like they are holding me hostage.Anyway, the fresh flowers are allowing me to be with nature, but not in nature. Just how I like it.
Three: Obé Fitness
I’ve finally gotten so stir crazy that I’ve started using Obé Fitness, an at home workout app. There is a free 7 day trial, & you can use code Ashley30 for 30% off your first month. This is Ashley Spivey’s discount code for her followers, but I’m one of them so I’m sharing the love!
I started with a 10 minute arm workout, which I only did half of. Y’all, I did not pick a beginner sesh. As soon as the instructor went to planks I tapped out. I’m just not at a place in my life where I’m ready to plank for 3.5 minutes…or at all. Ever.
I do really like that you can select workouts from 10 minutes to an hour, you can target certain areas, and they have dance & yoga. Think I’ll try dance cardio next, sounds fun!
Four: Staying above the Wellness Line
In the midst of all the Coronavirus stuff going on, I’m doing some extra things to stay above the wellness line. To be fair, if anyone is already sick then medicine is obviously the way to go to get back to health.
Here are some things I’m doing:
- Diffusing Thieves essential oil in every room in my house while I’m in that room. Thieves is excellent for your immune system. Side bonus – Thieves + Lemon helps fight my allergies as the pollen is thick around here.
- Drinking at least 2 ounces of NingXia Red for added antioxidants.
- Vitamin C – all day, every day.
- CBD muscle rub; I have chronic neck and shoulder issues & frequent the chiropractor. Well, I can’t do that right now, so I use CBD muscle rub to help release my neck.
- If things get especially stressful, I use my CBD calm &/or soothe roller.
- All. The. Face. Masks. This is more of staying above the mental wellness line.
Full disclosure, items 1 – 5 are all from Young Living Essential Oils.
Five: Jessica Yellin
If you are not following @JessicaYellin on Instagram you should be. Jessica brings her followers up-to-date, neutral information. I often get info from her 2 – 3 days before it makes it to mainstream media. Her signature format is #newsnotnoise.
Hope you all are well.